Sunday, February 1, 2009

ART IS CHECKIN OUT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH IN SOME FANCY 3D-MATERIAL, HOPING PEOPLE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IT.
















Hi Sam. Do you know if it's possible to do a rubbermold of my boom-box, the pink one? You did that on the vax on my head somebody told me. Like the girl who did the pink waterguns? I would prefer that the boom-box still is working after I take a sample of it. What do you recon?










Is the titel rightly spelled??










Okey, starting to like this blogg thing.










Do we have any readers yet?










How do you say: Psykoanalys in English, ask Nils what it means if you don´t get the swedish.




















3 comments:

samanthahookway said...

psycho analysis =Psykoanalys

I cannot guarantee that the boombox will still work if you use the rubber that is down in the sculpture area. Worry the most about the cracks, the buttons and the areas with undercuts.

If you really want it you could do another kind of rubber maybe..... www.smoothon.com is a US site/company that gives good advise.

It would be cheaper to get a 2nd-hand boombox similar to your pink one... something that you could destroy.

the title is spelled right but titel is not how you spell title! Ha. It seemed like a trick question for me!

not sure if we got readers yet.... we should promote it.

FREDRIKNIELSEN said...

Okey, I'll check out the the webbsite, thanks for checkin out my spelling! Wasn´t a trick question for you, I just thought it out running on the subway home yesterday and thought it was the greatest deconstructive-quote I ever came up with, but I´ll work on it a bit more.

It should be more like; 'Art is displaying your mental health in some fancy 3D-object hoping someone would give a shit about it'.

samanthahookway said...

It is an interesting proclamation you have Fredrik
...'Art is displaying your mental health in some fancy 3D-object hoping someone would give a shit about it'

I am wondering about ideas of proclamations... when I see the word Proclamation... I think radical, political, narrow and definitive. Not to say your statement is absolutely fulfilling this definition. Yet it is a Proclamation of sorts.

If I were to proclaim my idea of art though.... it would be...
"Art is a dialog caught between viewer and artist, viewer and art(object) or the triangle of all three. It is capable of simultaneously bringing understanding to the masses or confusing us all." as of Feb 3 2009.